jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have prepared a set if tables that contain over 1700 footnotes.

Customer Question

I have prepared a set if tables that contain over 1700 footnotes. The numbers of these footnotes originally appeared as superscript but they have suddenly all change to standard (9 point) numbers. How can I restore them as superscript?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Do you use Microsoft Word to create the documents or some other program?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I use Microsoft Office 2007 and I think I am on Windows 7.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information!

Based on your original problem description, you should be able to solve it by manually applying the superscript to the footnote numbers.

To do that, follow these instructions:

1. Open the Word document containing the footnote information

2. Double-click inside the footnote area. You will then be able to edit the footnote information

3. Now select the footnote number or the text you want to appear as superscript

4. Right-click the selected information and then select Font... from the menu that will appear

5. The Font window will then open. There check the Superscript check-box and click OK

6. Exit the footnote edit by double-clicking anywhere inside the footnote area. The rest of the footnote numbers or the text should now appear as superscript as well. If not, you will need to apply the same steps to make them appear as superscript

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, this doesn't work at all. Would it be possible to send a couple of sample pages to you so that you could better understand the problem?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

Yes, please send me some samples.

You can use the paper clip icon to attach the documents, or if that doesn't work, you can upload the documents to Wikisend (www.wikisend.com) and then send me the File ID or download link so that I can download the uploaded file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attached is a sample extract from the document that has the problem. I need to make the footnote reference numbers in the main document Superscript rather than ordinary 9-point size.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

I refreshed the page, but I do not see the attachment.

Please upload the file to the Wikisend page and provide me with the File ID and/or download link you will see there.