michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have downloaded windows 10 and have been using it for

Customer Question

Hi I have downloaded windows 10 and have been using it for a couple of days but I am now not able to boot up and access the system
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.Are you getting any error message while booting the computer let me know the original windows version it had earlier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error message as it just goes to an orange page and says please wait and then the whirl remains in the middle. Using control alt del does bring up the windows enter page but with no entry box for the password
are you able to get to the windows 10 desktop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - all I get is the please wait sign - when I start the computer it does not take me to the windows 10 log on page - as above I can get the "windows" log on page but no box to enter log on numbers
you had windows 7 or 8 originally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had windows 8
Turn the computer off and wait for 2 mins power it on and keep tapping the F8 key few times and let me know if you get advance system settings in which you will see safe mode use the arrow keys to select safe mode and hit enter. Let me know once you are there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens and orange page with white whirl in he middle is there as before
do you have your data backed up on an external drive we have no option to run a factory restore if you are using a branded computer, let me know the make and model number of the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have my full set of data backed up for this last week and this information is particularly important to me if wiped out! So would like to avoid this if possible?
my computer is an ACER - 605
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ACER XC - 605
Did you get a message Failure configuring Windows updates, Reverting changes, Do not turn off your computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure but I think so and did not switch off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reason is that this happens from time to time and thought little of it!!
Push the power button and held it down till it shuts down the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay
wait for 5 min and then power it back on make sure nothing is attached to the computer remove anything connected to the usb port and remove any disk if it has one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have screen and key board attached after that - any problem?
remove the keyboard and mouse and connect it to difrerent usb port if its a usb and not ps2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is USB - what about internet connection and screen via HDMI port as only one
screen keyboard and mouse is fine not other devices should be connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change and still comes up with please wait screen with whirl in the middle!
In this case you would need a windows 8 disk to run a windows repair check your invoice which windows version you have home pro or enterprise. With windows 8 disk we can run repair and then we can restore it back to the original state without loosing your data. if you dont have data then we can run factory restore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi cant find a windows disk as I think I either loaded it on or the computer came with ht esystem
Computers dont come with windows os disk they have a hidden partititon in the hard drive which we activate and it runs the factory restore which wipes off all personal data and the computer is back as it was the day firsts. All factory installed softwares and drivers will be present. only your personal data will be lost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nasty - any way around this option??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I presume any software I added will be wiped as well? Such as McAfee and the Office suite?
no other option left apart from runnin windows repair if you can borrow the windows disk from any of your friends, colleagues or family member for an hour we can get this fixed and you can return the disk back. Anything installed after from factory installed will be erased. You can download and install Mcafee online as it will have your purchase history with insatllation key. Same with Office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will contact a bit later to find out who has a disk as still a bit early for some - how do I contact you later in the day??
take your time and let me know once you have the disk.