Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Having upgraded to Windows 10 Home last week, Cortana is showing

Customer Question

Having upgraded to Windows 10 Home last week, Cortana is showing Disabled by Company Policy, and also Online Search not supported in region and language. Having read others have this same problem although residing in the UK, as suggested I have downloaded the Language Pack and Speech, but still nothing, no Cortana icon shows in task bar, and no Notebook anywhere either. If this is a hiccup with Microsoft are technicians working to resolve this and do we just have to just wait for this to be resolved automatically by ms.
Also I hav e noticed an update is showing KB3081704 as failing to install sinc e I upgraded on my laptop on 29th July - is this connected in any way or is this something different. I am a silver surfer, and although quite good at googling info I need, I am not ok with lots of tech. terms.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.Unfortunately this is a Microsoft Software Engineer issue, they are aware of this issue which is affecting a lot of people and they are working on a patch which will come through system update. Please be patient and wait for the fix to come, there will be an update release very soon and you will receive a notification to update when it becomes available.Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!