Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Not sure where to direct this question Would appreciate your

Customer Question

Not sure where to direct this question Would appreciate your help. By chance looked through the windows updates and for what ever reason discovered a big gap
Windows updates missing a period 28th March to 9th July 2015 is there any way I you can point me to where I can download the missing updates?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?Did you have windows update set to install automatically during that time?When you check for windows update now, what does it show?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Auto informed of updates and install ones required. Don't use defender of MS Office.

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?Is windows update currently working? Can you check for windows update now? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 Upgraded this morning. The upgrade notification is work fine. Earlier this year was experiencing problems with computer and did a roll back restore point. Have followed the upgrades since. My question is can you please direct me to where I can catch up on the missing updated for the period indicated.

If windows is set to automatic, then it will check for updates automatically, both old and new updates. To check for any (old and new) update manually, you can go to Windows Update option and then click on Check for updates. Do you know how to open Windows Update? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes Have done this before and just done it now and only 4 current updates shown

That is fine. Depending on each computer model, there could be no windows update for it for a long time. To confirm this, you can uninstall an old window update, then check for updates, then it will show. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please advise how I can delete an old update

Click on Start\Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, then click on "View installed updates" on the left, then you can uninstall an old update there. If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and do this and/or show you this directly on your computer together with you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the info something I didn't know. Uninstalled KB3046049 ran a check for updates didn't show only the 4 current ones as mentioned previously

You're welcome. Uninstall another one and check. You may have to restart the computer. Or just install the 4 current ones first, then check. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the info but should I follow as directed will lose his connection ???

We have emailed you (from JustAnswer). Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Noted seen the E-Mails. Thanks for your help much appreciated and even managed to lean something on the way.

Will do as suggested in last message

Thanks again

You're welcome. Also, here is a list of updates for reference:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/894199 Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Followed your last instruction but with out success. As suggested did delete two old installed updates and ran the check or updates but didn't work. Since then discovered the W10 reserve required update KB3035583 which I managed to find a way to install. But this did not trigger the GWX file. Search computer and no GWX file found. Searched the internet and found this appeared to be a common problem, and a solution was posted See Attached. Downloaded the bat file and ran it. It seem to run OK and there was the work Success at the end but still the GWX file not on computer. How to make progress - still the gap of updates, have received you link to update list.

Looking forward to your reply.

MJO'B

Attachment: 2015-08-09_105158_w10_fix.doc

I'm sorry. I see you are trying to get Windows 10. Yes, this issue has been occuring on many computers. Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 for many computers, so it takes time. Can you download / install Windows 10 directly at the Microsoft website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10