jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Why have I got to verify my Microsoft Account when I have

Customer Question

Why have I got to verify my Microsoft Account when I have had it for years
AND when I try to do as asked you refuse to accept it
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

(Note: I am not with nor afilliated with Microsoft in any way.)

I understand that the problem you are having is probably quite annoying. I will need to patiently go through some details of what is happening, to have any idea of how to advise you.

First I must ask: what are you trying to log on to? A HotMail account, or something else (that is within the purlieu of Microsoft) ?

And, what is the exact and full text of the error message when the login is refused ?

And, what computer (Windows or Apple, or perhaps a handled of Android or Apple type) are you trying to log in on ?

And, what browser are you using to try to log in, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am a complete ignoramus regarding Computers,(husband used to do it all)

Basically Microsoft are asking me to verify my Account, my password ***** ***** why I do not know, and I cannot find anywhere to reset it.

All I want to do is get rid of the request to verify, cannot understand it as have had this account for years

Not sure want you mean by browser assume you mean Mouse! which is wireless

A 'browser' is Internet Explorer, or Safari, or Firefox, etc. A program used for accessing web pages. What account - email, or something else - are you trying to access when Microsoft asks for your password? And where is your password ***** asked for, with exactly what message in full?