IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have just downloaded Windows 10 but I am having serious doubts

Customer Question

I have just downloaded Windows 10 but I am having serious doubts whether it is genuine some items do not appear to be working and I have received a security warning saying I should phone a toll free number beginning with 0203 can you advice me what to do.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Your computer may be infected with a virus or malware, so the phone number you see could lead to the people who made the threat in the first place. Calling them would only cost you money and cause more problems.

Please type here the phone number you see and I will check who it belongs to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The phone number is ***** 3478 6343

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!

I checked it and I could not find any record of that phone number. It could be a new phone number.

Let's solve the problem you are experiencing.

You say you upgraded to Windows 10. Please tell me if you did that via Windows Update or by using the Windows 10 installation disc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows Update

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
In that case, your Windows 10 is genuine only if the previous Windows version you had (such as Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1) was genuine as well.

Please tell me what kind of problem you are experiencing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If the programme is genuine when I put on Microsoft Edge this security notice appears telling me to call the number I have given you I cannot delete the message.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
The message is probably coming from some bad web page, not from the Microsoft Edge itself. Please type here the exact message you see there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have to get it up again this might take a minute or two

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello IT MIRO THE ANSWER TO YOUR LAST QUESTION IS AS FOLLOWS:- It starts WAIT, Attention BT customer your personal photos, Facebook and other passwords as well as credit card info. could be at risk This requires immediate Attention Contact Tech Support Immediately on 0203 3478 6343 (Toll Free)

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Hold on...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as I thought, your computer is infected by this "tech support" virus.Does the message appear only in Microsoft Edge or in Internet Explorer as well? You can start Internet Explorer by clicking on the Windows logo key and just typing internet explorer. You will see its icon under the search results, so click it to start Internet Explorer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is obviously a difficult problem.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry - it can be solved easily. I will provide the instructions on how to remove that scam message. Please hold on...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
To solve the problem, you will need to scan with a program that will remove that "tech support" virus and any warnings you see. You can use a program named AdwCleaner - it is free and easy to use. First, click on this link to download it:http://tinyurl.com/LK49358 To use it, exit all running programs, especially all web browsers and then start AdwCleaner and click Scan. Wait until the scan has finished and then click Cleaning to remove the virus and all unwanted browser modifications. This program is safe to use because it only scans for programs and components included on its list so it won't remove any personal data or programs that you actually use.Once that is done, it will require you to restart the computer, so do it. After the restart, all warnings and browser modified settings will be gone. Let me know if you were able to follow the instructions and solve the problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
In case you are unable to follow the instructions, I can remotely connect to your computer and apply them for you. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Miro If it is easy to solve thank goodness its not difficult, just to say that I,m going to bed at 23.00 hrs that's in an hour and a half, is there any chance the problem will be resolved by then?

If it is not resolved by then I am prepared to leave the computer on and you can call my mobile so we can resume. My number is ***** 664 036

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I can remotely connect to your computer and solve the issue for you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to connect to your computer, you need to download a remote desktop connection program and start it.

We can use TeamViewer. Here is how to start it:

1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com

2. Just below the green Download button, click on the Join Remote Control Session link

3. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS

4. When started, you should see a blue window that contains numbers - ID and Password ***** type those numbers here so that I can connect

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will download team viewer and give you the info . this will take a few moments

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you weren't able to start TeamViewer.

Please try tomorrow and let me know if you succeeded.

Regards,
IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Let me know,
IT Miro