The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I have an excel sheet in, out and lunch breaks

I have an excel sheet for clocking in, out and lunch breaks which has three buttons. Clock in button which saves todays Day month year into the first empty cell "A11" and above, it also saves the current time in hh:mm in the same row "B" and copies "D8" to the same row in "D" copies the employee name from E8 to the same row in E. I need this button to also check if todays date and employee name to check if they have already clocked in today and if so to give a message saying "You have already clocked in:".
the clock out button finds the todays date in "A" and employee in "D" then puts the time in column "C". I need this to check if they have clocked in today and show a message "You have not clocked in yet:" also to check and say "You have already clocked out:" and the third button that copies value from "D2" and looks for employee and date to see if they have clocked in then paste's that value in "F" I need this to also check if this has been done with the message "You have already entered your lunch break:" and also a check to see if they have clocked in on todays date with a message saying "You have not clocked in yet: and a check to see if they have already press this today with the message "You have already entered your lunch break:"
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 2 years ago.
can you send an example sheet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where can I send the file

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will need to carry on tomorrow evening as getting late will check my computer in the morning and upload the file to the site you suggest

Thanks for replying

Shane

got your message while i was sleeping, your in the uk, and im in the us, so there might be a bt of a delay in my reponses. there are a few sites that should work ge.ttsendspace.comwikisend.com they all work the same , upload a file ten they give you a link , paste that link here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/331636/Clocking.xlsb

Realized you must be far but thanks for replying.

ok, i haave the file, i think i understand the basics . you want to have the macros check to see if a space is filled in or not and that display a message if and not allow the next button to be pressed if the first one wasnt done first. Do I have a basic understanding of what you want to accomplish ? can i assume the user is going to enter a name in cell d4, and a new row will be created for the current date forthat person. and when each button is pressed the current time should be entered. and that those cells should belocked to prevent unauthorized changes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes they will put they will put there name in "D4" I will do this as a drop down list then when they press clock in this will save todays date in column "A" the last empty row it will also save current time in "B" same row and Put the formula in cell "D8" to the last row allowing the formula to change to that row this calculates there hours to the nearest 30mins and put their name in "E" last row, if they press this again on this date "Today" it will warn them they have clocked in but allow them to clock in on a new day date..

Clock Out button will check if they have clocked in if not will tell them they haven't clocked in and to clock in first and will do nothing unless they have clocked in first this will put the current time "HH:MM" in to the row that they clocked into that day.

Lunch button will copy from "D2" to the row "F" checking if they clocked in that day but does nothing if they have clocked in apart from telling them they have not clocked in yet

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you've got the idea of it right cheers

ok, i cannot do anything on it until the weekend. I will get back to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no problem thanks

here it is http://ge.tt/3BcqSvL2/v/0?c This does not do any cell locking or worksheet protection. But the basic functionality is there. Protection the sheet is something you may want to consider, but it would be a separate project.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concernsPLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIMEIT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTIONTO RATE, CLICK THE SMILEY FACES BENEATH THIS ANSWERDo not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profilehttp://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/and ask a question right in my box,also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.