Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have just upgraded my laptop to W10 and lost my AMD digital

I have just upgraded my laptop to W10 and lost my AMD digital display audio. How do I get it back? BTW the sound window says it is 'unplugged' - ridiculous in a laptop
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please let me know the make and model number of your computer, so that I can assist you better.Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a Lenovo G505s laptop

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Are you trying to get sound on your display using HDMI? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - or at least I don't think so. I simply upgraded from W8.1 to W10, pretty much everything still worked despite Microsoft's best intentions - but no sound. The laptop spec. claims it is equipped with Dolby advanced audio

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I would suggest you try downloading and installing the driver. Download and install it from the link below.http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g505s-notebook/downloads/DS103237 If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N