IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Unabie to shutdown laptop which was upgraded to windows10 today.At

unabie to shutdown laptop which was upgraded to windows10 today.At around 4,25pm i was promised a phonecall within 90mins from support team which i'm still waiting for.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

I would like to inform you that the message you see is coming for a web page that was set as home page for your web browser. It is a scam!
Your computer is not affected and you won't lose anything. See this web page:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan/edge-browser-hijacked-unable-to-reset/1768f671-90d9-4dfb-88c5-679a3664634a
The so-called tech support team will only charge you money for "fixing" the problem. Please DO NOT call them or agree to anything they say.
Just hang up the call.
Please confirm that you cancelled any sort of assistance from the mentioned "support team", and the reply here so that I can provide the instructions for you on how to remove that message (web page) from your web browser.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for info.no i didn,t ask for assistance or communicate;i was unable to close the page
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Good!It looks like many people see that web page (message) and it only seems to happen in Microsoft Edge. Please start Internet Explorer and check if it will allow you to load web pages without such "warning" messages. To do that, click on the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner and then just start typing:Internet ExplorerYou will see its blue icon there. Click it and check if it will work.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to start Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes but scam msg keeps appearing
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.
Let me provide the instructions on how you can remove it. Hold on...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great,many thanks
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Here are the instructions:
You can download a program named AdwCleaner - it is used to scan and remove all browser modifications, such as toolbars and other add-ons that can install with other programs and generate warnings, pop-ups and ads. It will also remove all programs that keep changing the browser settings without your permission.
AdwCleaner is free and can be downloaded on this link:
http://tinyurl.com/LK49358
To use it, exit all running programs, especially web browsers and then start AdwCleaner and click Scan. Wait until the scan has finished and then click Cleaning to remove all unwanted files. This program is safe to use because it only scans for programs and components included on its list so it won't remove any personal data or programs that you actually use.
Once that is done, it will require you to restart the computer, so do it. After the restart, all browser modified settings should be gone. You can then change the home page and other browser settings how you want.
Let me know if this helped.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
re ADWCleaner,SCAN OK,but Cleaner won,t run.SORRY
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Does the AdwCleaner program itself won't run, or the "Cleaning" button on the AdwCleaner window doesn't work when clicked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cleaning button doesn,t work when clicked
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.Please restart the computer and then do not run any program, especially a web browser, but just locate AdwCleaner and start it again. Check if both the "Scan" and the "Cleaning" buttons will then work.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again!
I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance.
Let me know,
IT Miro