Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I have downloaded my free windows 10,but I have forgotten my

I have downloaded my free windows 10,but I have forgotten my password-after only 2 hours! This means I can do nothing on that machine; the one I am using now only has windows Visa,so I cannot get anything at all. I should be able to change my password, but it needs a preformatted disc, which I obviously do not have.What do I do?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Are you replying me from another PC ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes-as I said ,this one only has Visa -nothing on the Microsoft help site is of any help whatsoever.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry, you can download and create a Windows 10 installation DVD, following the steps from the link below, after that we can reset the password ***** easily, we will need the disc to reset the password, as there is no other way to do that. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** I should be able to do that.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Yes, those steps are very easy, after creating the USB or DVD from ISO file, follow the steps from the link below to reset the password, one more thing, if you need help in creating a bootable USB drive or DVD, please let me know, because burning a DVD and burning a bootable DVD is two different things. If you are able to reset the password ***** please do remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort. https://4sysops.com/archives/reset-a-windows-10-password/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I hadnt thought of a bootable dvd,so that will be essential information !

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, are downloading the ISO file ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No,not yet- the drive on this computer is faulty-I have an external one somewhere, but I will have to find it before I can do anything more.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a 8GB or 16 GB flash drive ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK. then download the ISO file and find the drive, it will take some hour to download.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, Ive started the download,should be another hour and a half.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
No, problem. We can continue tomorrow to create the bootable DVD from the ISO file and in the mean time try to find out the drive and hope it is in working condition and one or two blank DVD-R.