Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a Dell laptop and want to change the display

hello
I have a Dell laptop and want to change the display language
tks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I would look forward to assisting you today. What version of Windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello

its windows 8.1 I think

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. I would need to know for sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How can i check which version it is ?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Well just try this. Hold the Windows key + C, and click on Settings. Click on "Change PC settings". Click on "Time and Language Go to Region and language and click on the + button to add a new language Select the language of your choice and follow the onscreen instructions.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
How's it going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

As said in my mail, I tried what you said, but it does not work.

So not sure what to do next , but I have to find another solution.

Tks

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
There are other ways. Just give me a minute please.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Open Control Panel and let me know when you are there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

control panel is open

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
When you go to the Clock Language group, does it list the language you want?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
After you select the language you want, you will need to select options to download the display language pack, otherwise your computer will continue to display in English.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dan to clarify

1)The current display langage is Russian and I want to change it to english

2) when I select the language i Want, i select parameters and an supposed to get the option to download the english pack, this oprtion does not appear, hence I cannot continue

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I got that reversed. Do you see something like this attachment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I do, but when I click on options, I should get the possibility to download the pack (as explained on one of the videos i saw on you tube on this topic) but the download option does not come ...

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That's strange! Was Windows original language in Russian and have you upgraded from an older version?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Give this a try please. Open control panel. Select clock, language and region. Click on language, click on advanced settings from the left panel.Select English (United States) under Override for Windows display language and Override for default input method section. Click on save.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

This has also not worked as under Override for windows display language it only proposes me the option Russian

tks

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for not being able to resolve this issue for you. I will opt out and open the question for another expert.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer. If you don't mind can we have remote session.If you are ok, please download and run RDP tool from below linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2682d3ea-e3cc-423f-b45b-bc02947167c7 Thanks
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir, I didn't find any reply from you, i am just checking to see if you are still waiting for answer Please replyThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am still waiting for the answer

thank you

Thierry

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply..What's the best time we can meet. I suggest to have a remote desktop session with you as its quiet quicker and easy. Please let me know when you are availableThanks,Fiyaz
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We can do this now, i am available for the next hour if it is convenient to you

Thank you for your reply and best regards

Thierry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi do not understand this system, an expert called Michelle said she would take over, I have send her 2 messages no reply.
Does not look like I will get an answer.Best
Thierry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As discussed, please do the below on the laptop
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes dowloading

takes time to set up as all in Russian ...

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem and thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID 324 195 504

PW 9279

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it says password ***** ***** can you double check it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there seems to have been a pbl with installation of the file

i restarted it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

xela1183

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connected
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues