Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Have tried repeatedly to update to 8.1 but failed. Can you

Have tried repeatedly to update to 8.1 but failed. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. What exactly is the error message or error code when the upgrade fails? Are you upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, from Windows 8 to 8.1. Full list of updates " update failed"
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the persisting issues.Can I remotely access your Windows 8 computer so that I can directly check and fix the updates problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK to remote access as requested
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=95bd4e7b-7936-4755-a41e-7733516554ed2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess