IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Downloaded windows 10 last evening all went well until the

downloaded windows 10 last evening all went well until the final chapter when it failed to open the desktop (with no icons to be seen) the desktop repeatedly flashed on and off without ceasing. The process has rendered my laptop unusable.
The process opens well with the new windows opening window - I sign in to go but the above fails to start
My laptop is a Hewlett Packard 3 years old and I have been using windows 8
Any ideas? by the way I am not a whizz kid (late 70) so a simple solution would be nice!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Are you able to see the logon screen normally (where you need to select your account and type the password), or it flashes as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Able to see logon screen as normal without flashing I type in password ***** when the home screen appears it starts to flash

Flashes on and off from 5 or so occasions stops briefly and starts flashing To attain the facility to shut down I need to use alt gr ctrl and escape

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. I suggest refreshing the Windows 10 installation while keeping the personal data intact.It is one of the repair options that can be accessed without the Windows 10 disc. I am sure it will solve the problem you are experiencing.Would you like to try that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I refresh windows10 ? nothing appears to me to be responding

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Here are the instructions on how to refresh the Windows 10 installation:1. First, go to the Windows 10 logon screen. To do that, just restart the computer2. Once you see the logon screen, do not select your user name or type anything, but look in the bottom right corner of the logon screen. You should see 3 icons. If you don't see any icons, then just click anywhere on the logon picture and then check again3. Click on the power icon and then press and hold down the Shift key, and while still holding, click on Restart4. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Choose an option screen5. On that screen, click on Troubleshoot6. On the next screen, click on Reset this PC7. On the next screen, click on Keep my files8. The computer will restart. Follow the instructions to proceed with the reset. It will take about 10 minutes9. When done, check if the problem is gone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its working at minute

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Let me know the results after the refresh.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still cooking at 17%

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. It will take some time to finish.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

seems to be doing it's job now 34%

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Good!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Seems like it may take some time for this exercise now 39%

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, you can leave the computer for a while and return in about 30 minutes to check the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is now installing windows currently 15%

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
It looks like the process is taking longer than expected...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the installing process is almost complete now 1005

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK, good.Let me know what happens when you enter desktop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's working windows 10 that is yippeeeeee many thanks for your help and patience. I am really pleased with this site and would be more than happy to recommend

Many thanks signing off

Gerald

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I am very glad I could help! You can rate my assistance now using the rating box with the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miroThanks!IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A problem with my Windows 7 PC.

I keep getting the message "Restart your computer to install important updates"

However, restarting DOES NOT remove this message and I can't use Windows Update until it's fixed.

Please help!

Gerald.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again!

I will gladly help you with that problem as well, but you will need to open a new question since the policy is one question (problem) per one question page.

To request me for your new question, you can type the problem description directly on my profile page. Here is the link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro