Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my 64 bit machine and all

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on my 64 bit machine and all seemed well until I tried sending emails in outlook 2010. I tried all that I could but nothing was sent. I reverted to windows 7 and immediately the messages in the outbox for my two accounts, were sent. There is no problem with outlook 2010 on my older 32 bit machine using Windows 10.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when sending emails?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not until I revert to Windows 10 and at the moment I am pushed for time. can we do this on another day?

No problem; we can continue another time. Let me provide you the fix for this issue you can use when you have windows 10 installed. - First, close Outlook program for now. - Then right-click on the Start icon (the windows logo icon) at the bottom left of the computer's screen, then click on Command Prompt (Run as administrator), and confirm Yes(Or click on the Start menu, then click on All apps, then scroll down, then click on Windows Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt, then click on Run as administrator, and confirm Yes.) , then type exactly the followings: sfc /scannow , then press Enter key. , then wait until it finishes (this can take long, maybe around 15 to 30 minutes.), then open Outlook program, then you should be able to send email messages now. (Another solution: press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on your keyboard, then type sfc /scannow then press Enter key, then wait until it finishes, then open Outlook, and test sending emails.) Please get back to me any time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will rate you when I am able to reload Windows 10, at present I am in the middle of a house move.

I'm sorry; our system sends out automatic messages everyday; you can ignore them until you are ready. Please let me know the result any time; I will troubleshoot further if there is still issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I just re-loaded Windows 10 and Outlook appears to be working fine without my having to apply the fixes yo wrote about.

Great. It looks like Microsoft has fixed this bug in Windows 10. Usually, as with any new operating system, there are some bugs. Do you need help with anything else in Windows 10? Please let me know. Thank you.