Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have Office 365 Business premium on my laptop and Nokia Lumia

I have Office 365 Business premium on my laptop and Nokia Lumia 930 phone. Everything has worked OK until a few weeks back when my phone now requires a password ***** look at the files in onedrive.
When I touch the .xls or word file document it now brings up a screen titled as follows:
'prodnet144-159ipv4a0003.sharepointonline.com.akadns.net'
It requires an email address and password. I have tried inputting email adresseses and password ***** no change. Where have I gone wrong??
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
you need to use the password ***** entered when creating your microsoft account.
If you go here, can you sign in using it?
www.hotmail.com
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried various email addresses and password ***** the same sign in screen keeps coming up.

It does not tell me if the email address or password ***** *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The link I gave will tell you this, did you do the instructions I just gave for this?
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Thanks Richard

I have just tried the Hotmail link and tried some more username and password ***** One has worked, which I have now put into my phone which now also works. Thank you.

I have just tested another document in another file and it is telling me that it cannot download the .xls file, do I want to open it in the webbrowser instead?

Why is the phone asking me this.?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok good, so this is resolved for the username and password ***** you have.
It is telling you this as it cannot open the XLS file normally which is how it works, it does it via the web browser. You need to have office installed on it in order to do this, which you get from the app store (you need to purchase it).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated and your initial problem is solved (I can help you with dome follow ups if needed).