michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I can't access my Microsoft Word. It has gone to the left of

Customer Question

I can't access my Microsoft Word. It has gone to the left of the screen with lots of diagonal lines in blue
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.you mean you are not able to reach the ms word icon to open it is that correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
within the blue horizontal lines it just says Word
your display settings must have been changed due to which you are not able to reach the icon.
can you tell me what is the operating system on the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you or I need to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft Outlook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What next?
let me know what windows os you have is it windows 7 8 or 10 or its a mac computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not a mac it HP
right click the mouse button on the center of the windows not on any icon and then select and then click on display settings then click on advance display settings under resolution select 1024 x 768 or more and hit apply and then ok. That should take care of the disply and bring your icon back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I right clicked Word I just got a list of my documents I will try again on the Windows icon I didn't get display or advanced display
click on the blank desktop and not on any icon.
There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick ResolutionRemote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($18). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am assuming the Windows icon is the four blocks representing windows? That's what I have tried
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need additional service
no not on the icon you must right click your mouse on the space where there is no icon on the desktop.
Please check your email and i an sending you an additional service request in 30 seconds
do you have chrome browser?
Experience: Indept expertise on MS Office package
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I'm not clear what exactly you need for Private Contact please be more specific
I am not asking you for any private contact however its site auto message so don't worry about it you may ignore it and continue with this session.
do you have chrome browser installed on this computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do
open chrome and on the top left hand side you will see apps just below the <> arrows.
click on it and then click on webstore
type in remote desktop on the search box and search you will see "chrome remote desktop" click and install it.let me know once done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle, when I go into google Chrome I get sent back to this page - don't you have 'log me in?'
Remote desktop click hereJoin Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Customer Hi Customer this is michelle and i am connected Customer let me know when you are ready
Guest: Great! Let me know what
Guest: Ready Customer i will have to restart the comuter remotely Customer all you have to do is login back to windows sceen Customer ok Customer hi Customer i am connected back Customer let me take the mouse
Guest: Great thanks Customer can i open one of your word doc
Guest: Yes of course Customer i need permission before i do any step Customer thanks Customer please check its working now
Guest: The Word icon isn't at the bottom of the screen but it is up at the top on the left I usually get the screen you had with the selection of 'styles of page of Word documents Customer i will bring it at the bottom
Guest: Thanks Customer thats what you wanted?
Guest: Well done Michelle, strange world you work in! Thank you! Customer is there anything else i may help you with. Customer thanks and i will end the remote session i hope you are happy with my service.
Guest: No that just fine, many thanks. Sandra
Guest: Very happy with your service, thank you.Sandra Holtby