Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Windows 10 has upgraded but won't go past the blue screen

Windows 10 has upgraded but won't go past the blue screen hi there welcome back. It keeps returning to this. I have tried f12 but won't give me an option to boot in safe mode
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your Windows 10 issues. Were you prompted to sign in to your Windows user account and you were stuck in that screen?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No no prompt at all. This is on a desktop. I don't have a windows account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Did you install the Windows 10 upgrade using a DVD and do you still have that DVD?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No downloaded free from the internet. It prompted me to Download it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. So you do not have the Windows 10 installation DVD. Here is the very first thing that you can do:Shut down or turn off the computerUnplug ALL of your USB-attached devices like printers and external hard disk drives, EXCEPT the keyboard and mouseTurn ON the computer and see if it will go past that welcome screen this time. Also, please notice if the hard disk activity led is blinking fast or steady that indicates hard drive activity while you are stuck on that screen. If it is, please wait for few minutes since the system could be loading on the background.Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok we have got past that now it's its setting up.
Do i have to remove all USB devices when starting up??????
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Wow! I am glad that it is working this time. No, you do not need to remove all USB devices each time you start the computer. It is just important to do that now since Windows 10 is still setting up and those USB devices are blocking the installation since they lack the drivers yet.But after Windows is setup properly, you can plug those USB devices, then Windows will be able to load their drivers, and you can start using the computer normally.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again. The netgear WIFI IS NOT WORKING. I have uninstalled and started to reinstall but it stopped. ?????
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, can you please tell me more about that wifi? Is that an external USB wifi stick that you plugged into the USB? If yes, please tell me the exact model of that device so that I can see if it is compatible with Windows 10.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WIFI ADAPTER A6210. Netgear
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. What exactly is the error message that you got when the installation stopped?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I have checked your Netgear wireless adapter and it says in their download page that it supports windows 10. If you use the original installation disc of the device to install it, please click on the link below since this software version supports Windows 10.Here is the link:http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-adapters/a6210.aspx#tab-supportIn that link, locate the download button at the right portion that says 72.6MB in size.Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.

Best regards,
Jess