jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I updated to window 10,all I get is a flashing screen and keys

Customer Question

I updated to window 10,all I get is a flashing screen and keys dont respond
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Did the update complete successfully but after restarting, the screen is flashing and the key non-responsive?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes,what is the solution

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. Is this computer previously running Windows 7 or 8.1?Also, is this a laptop or a desktop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes,window 10 comes up but when I enter password ***** flashes

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, is this a laptop or a desktop?Before the upgrade, to Windows 10, is the computer running Windows 7 or 8.1?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on 8.1

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Is this a laptop computer or a desktop computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

laptop

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is a laptop

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for all that information. Please do the following:If the laptop is still turned ON, please press the power button or switch and hold it for 15 seconds until the system turns OFF.When it is OFF, please UNPLUG all of your USB-attached devices from the laptop like external hard disk drives, printers, smartphones, etc.With all USB-devices unplugged, turn ON the laptop and see if it continues the installation of Windows 10.Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
How is it going? Is there any progress now that you unplugged all USB devices from the laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still the same

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. Do you have the Windows 10 installation DVD with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no downloaded from pc

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. Our next goal here is to boot the system into Safe Mode. To do this, press restart the computer (turn off then turn on) and right after turning it on, press and keep tapping F8 key. Did you get the Advanced Boot Options screen? Or did you get to the screen that allows you to select the boot device?If it is the later, then just press ESC and then start tapping F8 again until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did that lost mouse

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, how is it going? Were you able to boot into Safe Mode?