Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have downloaded the free Windows 10 onto my PC it all seems

I have downloaded the free Windows 10 onto my PC it all seems OK apart from nothing happens when I click on the windows icon bottom left corner of my screen. How do I open this window ????
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. Did you just update it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes from windows 8 to 10 with the free download from windows on Sunday 9th

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Have you restarted the computer since then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETEHold CTRL and click New Task and this will bring up the command prompttype %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.Follow the instructions on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state Once you do this, please let me know if this fixes it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done what you said, it then comes up with a page saying LOCK, SWITCH USER, Sign out. and TASK MANAGER. Cancel. nothing that says NEW TASK

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Chose Task Manager
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am now in task Manager, now what should I do

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Hold CTRL and click New Task and this will bring up the command prompttype %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.Follow the instructions on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done what you asked I am now getting the message is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
I will opt out and let another expert look at it.
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Please wait for a reply from them.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry about the problems you are having. Overall it has been going well the upgrade and it is much nicer then 8, you are just experiencing an issue local to you which is unfortunate.
Now first.
If you press the windows key on your Keyboard, what then happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothig

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, press the windows key + R
Does anything the appear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes a box saying run

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok now type in
rstrui.exe
Press enter
You then see the system restore window appear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help, sorry I never got back to you but I was called out, I did all that you said and the system restore has worked I can now get into Windows from the Windows flag in the bottom left corner of my screen. Thank again for your help.

Mick.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Mick!
An no problems on the delay
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues