Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. The system is not

Customer Question

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. The system is not finding my CD/DVD drive which used to be designated drive E: . graham morris
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you do the following please Graham.
Press the windows key + X and click on control panel.
Then click on System and Security
Then click Administrative Tools
Then click on Disk Management
Tell me please in that list what is listed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there a sixteen items listed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I need you to list them here please Graham as I need to know if one of these are your DVD drive so we can re-enable it.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my id ###-##-####/p>

pass 4814

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

things have disappeared

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what you need to do is now revert back to windows 7 as the issue you have is a driver problem
In order to do this, do the following after you have backed up your data please.
open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
Once done, windows 7 is again on the computer and the DVD drive should then be seen
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard,

I am sorry for being a while answering but personal things intervened. Having followed your advice and reverted to Windows 7 the problem is solved. Thank you very much for your excellent work.

Graham

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is no problem at all Graham, we work via your time schedule here.
Great it is now resolved. The issue is the incompatibility with windows 10, so leave it with this and it will be ok.
If you ever need anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know.