dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Miro. Another question/problem. I can't get rid of the

Hi Miro.
Another question/problem.
I can't get rid of the message "Restart your computer to install important updates" on my Windows 7 PC.
I've restarted several (hundred!) times and it just won't go away and unfortunately won't allow any further Windows Update checks.
Gerald.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! We might try a system restore to a point previous to the last updates and try installing them again, it might have encountered an error when downloading the first time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Already tried that. Restore points are non-existant. Looks like a previous attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 failed and is causing this issue.

I was about to ask if you had attempted an upgrade to Win 10, so let's try manually uninstalling some updates.
You can do so by going to programs/features in control panel >> view installed updates