Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My widows update keeps trying to update to Windows 10 everyday

My widows update keeps trying to update to Windows 10 everyday but it always Fails. Is it my computer?
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just awaiting answer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows 7 or 8.1?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Can please tell me the error message and the error code that you are getting when the update fails?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry can't see one at all
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
So the update just stops working without any error message and error code?
Also, can you please tell me how you did the update or upgrade?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
automatic
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. Upgrading through the automatic windows updates normally results in error since the download is huge and it can trigger a timeout.I suggest that you download the Media Creation Tool so that you can create a copy of Windows 10 installer that you can then use to install or upgrade your Windows 7.Here is the link:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?OCID=WIP_r_Win10_Body_AddPCYou need to select the correct bit version (32 or 64) so that the DVD that you can create will be compatible with your system.The real benefits of creating this DVD installer is that, you can fix common issues in the future using it. Thank you.Regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I think I know now what to do
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and I am glad to be of help.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess