Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I updated to windows 10 and set up an e-mail with outlook.

Customer Question

I updated to windows 10 and set up an e-mail with outlook. e-mail***@******.***. unfortunately the password ***** used is not accepted and I cannot access my account on Windows 10. I have tried to reset the password ***** account.live.com/password/reset but have failed the security questions as I have not sent any e-mails from that address. Please let me know how I can reset this password ***** having sent any e-mails from this e-mail address. Thanks, Steve
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. Since you forgot both the password ***** the security question, then please try the following method: At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset this PC, and select the option Remove everything, and continue.Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.