jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I am running Windows 10 with Outlook 2013. I have 3 email accounts

Customer Question

I am running Windows 10 with Outlook 2013. I have 3 email accounts two of which are exchange accounts which work perfectly and a third IMAP account that receives emails but will not send. It was working OK but started with this problem a couple of week before the Windows 10 upgrade. I was hoping the upgrade would fix the problem but it hasn't.
I have checked using different outgoing servers with a range of ports and with antivirus switched off, so there is no port blocking by the ISP. I have deleted the account and re-added but it still has the same problem, When I send an email the header is initially bold italic then immediately turns to just bold. The "Work Offline" button doesn't seem to work at all on any account and in "File, Options, Mail, MailTipsOptions" this IMAP account is not present in the drop-down. I would be really grateful if you could suggest more possible ways of resolving this problem.
Many thanks,
Des Lee
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

It seems to me that the problem is somewhere in Outlook; therefore I suggest uninstalling Outlook (Office) and then re-installing it.

Have you already done that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I haven't done that yet. It was a route I was trying to avoid due to the time involved. Is there no way a registry entry could be edited to rectify the problem?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I don't think there is a simple fix.

If you don't want to re-install, you can load a new Outlook profile and set up all e-mail accounts again. However, it will also take some time to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I deleted MS Office 13 through "Programs & Features" but the Office directories in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" is still there with a number of executables, dll's and files. Also, I can't delete this directory, even in SAFE mode, because other programmes are depending on files within it.

Also there is an office directory in "C:\Program Files" although we are using the 32bit version of office.

With the above in mind and after a restart, we re-installed office and configured the respective email accounts as before. However, the IMAP account is behaving exactly as before and not sending. It's also producing the same error code as before (Task '*****@******.*** - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0B) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B') or (Task '*****@******.*** - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13) : 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.').

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I see.

Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.

Let me know if you would like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I would.

Due to the time difference can I contact you tomorrow to arrange a good time for us both?

Many thanks,

Des

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

Sure, let me know when you are available so we can continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have just learned that the fault with my IMAP email is probably with Windows 10. A friend of mine had the same problem and the MS technician fixed it with a patch. Have you heard of this and if so do you have access to the required patch?

Many thanks,

Des

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Des!

If you are available now, we can establish remote desktop assistance so that I can see if the problem can be fixed "manually" or an update or patch is required.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Let me know,
IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello!

Were you able to read my messages sent to you?