Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I recently installed Windows 10. Other than a couple of problems

I recently installed Windows 10. Other than a couple of problems it is working really well.
The two problems I have relate to the search icon and the Windows icon on the toolbar. When I left click either icon nothing happens. This is particularly irritating with the Windows icon. When I right click the Windows icon I do get the pop-up menu so I can execute some operations this way. The same happens when I right click the search icon. If I select search from the pop-up menu and then select Show search box, the searchbox opens but i am unable to type within the search box.
Please can you help.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can help you with this, please tell me the following:
1. Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
2. What exactly is the make and model of your computer? (Like Lenovo G460)
3. Before the upgrade, was it running Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

Sorry to be slow in responding but it has taken ages to connect with and see your questions.

1. Its a laptop

2. Acer E 15 Aspire

3 I upgrades from Windows 8.1

Regards,

Rodney

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rodney,Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your persisting issues. This problem is really caused by incompatible software drivers installed in your Windows 8.1 system that became in conflict with the Windows 10 system components.If your Acer model is already supporting Windows 10, or shall I say, if Acer already released a patch or driver support for Windows 10, then the issues in your computer will be eliminated. Otherwise, we need to disable those conflicting services.Can I remotely access your Acer computer so that I can directly check your issues and fix them while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess