Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I upgraded to windows 10 and my cd driver has gone

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please right click on the Start button, and select Device manager. In Device manager, double click to expand DVD/CD-Rom drives. Under that, right click on the CD/DVD drive name and select Uninstall. Complete the uninstallation and restart the computer. Check if the issue persists. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Under devices and drivers there is no cd/dvd-rom drives

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please restart the computer and check again. If the issue persists, please let me know. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried that earlier today to no avail

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e983a479-517b-4ba1-ad78-e5484fab9671 Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you restarted the computer and able to see the CD/DVD drive? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it has appeared

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am glad to hear that. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N