Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I just installed the upgrade to 10 and now my SegaRome program

I just installed the upgrade to 10 and now my SegaRome program will not work. I have tried the compatibility route on my Laptop but nothing works. Can you help me to get my favourite recreational game back up and running please?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Whenever there is a new windows version, some older programs / games are not compatible. Would you like to go back to your previous Windows 7?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah I would if I could but I didn't save my previous Windows version before I pressed the 'Update' button! I had Windows XP before on this computer. What should I do?

How did you upgrade to windows 10?

Did you have windows 7 on this computer before upgrading to Windows 10?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, no I had Windows XP

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade to my computer which was offered to me. Before the upgrade I had Windows XP.

Free upgrade to windows 10 is only for windows 7, 8, and 8.1, not for windows xp, or vista.

Can you please click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at lower left corner of the screen) , then click on Settings, then Update & security, then Recovery, then go back to whatever windows version is showing there.

Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Viet - apologies for the delay in closure - have been away for a short break. You were absolutely right - I had Windows 8.1 which I have now reinstalled thanks to your expert advice.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for the update.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-itstuff/