s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

I installed Windows 10. After I log in, the screen flashes,

I installed Windows 10. After I log in, the screen flashes, and the pointer keeps blinking. The pointer turns into a circle.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm going to need some more information first to see if this is something i can assist you with or will need to send back to a more experienced tech... Do you have the make and model of the computer you're using Windows 10 on ? Or if this is a custom made machine I will require some other information.
Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like the graphic drivers or the entire graphics unit is not compatible with Windows 10, not all machines have been reported to be compatible and Microsoft and various hardware manufacturers are still working to update drivers for Windows 10, Windows 10's release has not been entirely friendly towards many older platforms.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I downloaded all the recommended updates before installing Windows 10.

It is a Compaq CQ58 Notebook PC

SN: 5CBZ472N4B

Prod N: C6L96EA#UUZ

Previously Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 years ago.
Let me take a look at some of the specs on that machine, that is immensely helpful, and if it came with Windows 8.1 it should have support. One moment.
Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 years ago.
So unfortunately, I found this here. (See attachment) at this time there are NO drivers supported by HP for the machine, the best course of action would be to revert back to Windows 10 until a date or time that HP will support this operating system for your machine. Please see these two links for help on reverting back to Windows 8.1 http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/andhttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-downgrade-from-windows-10-technical-preview/aeee58c9-de3f-47b4-9633-bbd02bae122e?auth=1 I hope this clarifies things for you and can get you back up to speed with your original installation of Windows, I do strive to maintain positive feedback and without your rating, I am unable to express that to other clients. So if this helps you please rate me favorable, if not, please let me know what else I can do to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, I cannot open any windows recommended in the links. The computer is completely unusable. I have contacted HP customer support and a factory image is being restored. It should work in about an hour.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, it was my understanding you were on a separate PC sending this request to us in and I thought by chance those links would be able to be opened for you here... The rating you gave me does negatively impact me to other potential clients and I hope that we can continue to work this out if necessary at least to earn a rating of "ok" or better. If I knew you were unable to open those links I could have walked you through an in depth way to revert back to 8.1. So please consider re-rating my service as "ok" thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am working on another computer and was able to read the links. The computer was unusable.