Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I am running Windows 10. At the beginning of the week all my

Customer Question

I am running Windows 10. At the beginning of the week all my Word and Excel files have become Read Only. How can I restore them so that I can work on them and save any changes?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Do you have the product key and install disc for Microsoft Office? May I know the version of Office you are using? E.g. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I do not have product key and install disc. Product ID

73***-***-****106-57152 Version is Microsoft Office Word 2003(11.8411.8405) SP3 Professional Edition 2003

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can I access your computer remotely and help you resolve the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please go to the link below, click Download listed under All-In-One: TeamViewer full version.https://www.teamviewer.com/hi/index.aspx After installing it, let me know the ID (E.g 578 467 234) and password (E.g. 2345). Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 507 380 692 Password *****

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, After restating the computer, try removing the Read only check mark again and then try editing files. Thank you.S H E F I N