michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

Although connected to the internet. I am unable to access my

Although connected to the internet. I am unable to access my e-mail account at windows live.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.since how long are you facing this problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since yesterday afternoon.

let me know when you are ready we will start the troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ready.

The computer is connected to the internet via wireless or hardwired.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I know but I still cannot access my e-mail account.

Please answer my question is the computer connected to a wireless router or its hardwired.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wireless router.

Thank you for the info. Follow these steps now.Power off the computer which has the problem.unplug the power from the wireless router and leave it powered off for 3 minsnow connect the router power and turn it on and wait for 3 mins as it will take time to boot.Once you see all the router lights on then you power on the laptop and then try connecting to the internet and access your email.let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still the same. My e-mail closed down yesterday due to an unexpected problem? Previously this has always corrected itself. Mt e-mail is *****@******.***.

are you able to surf the internet like open websites and so on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

do you open you email using IE, firefox or chrome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry. Not sure what you mean. I use a laptop and just log in to me e-mail.

how do you open your email. Do you open internet explorer or chrome browser to open your email.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. I just open my e-mail with the icon I have on my computer.

what is the operating system you have on the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a Toshiba laptop. I also have btinternet and windows live.

can you tell me what is the operating system it has is it windows 7, 8 or windows 10.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 10. I only up-dated last Wednesday.

after you upgraded to windows 10 were you able to send receive emails fine and the problem started few days back is that correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

his option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.Search Control Panel for Recovery.Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.NoteIf you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to theControl Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.