michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I cannot log in to windows account because I have forgotten

Customer Question

I cannot log in to windows account because I have forgotten my password
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.what is the windows version you have on the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows 10

are you are using Microsoft accout like live.com, oultook.com or hotmail.com to login to windows.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, I am using email address***@******.***, which is the address I used when first installing windows 8 when I purchased this laptop. hengce the time lapse leading to me not knowing my password

If you are not using Microsoft account to login to windows 10 there is no other way to recover the password ***** its a non Microsoft account. We could have reset the password ***** a different computer using the forgot password ***** on Microsoft account and then it allows you to login to windows 10. However you are using a non Microsoft account to login in that case you can reset back windows 10 from the initial screen of windows 10 login page. Start Windows 10 in Safe mode click on the link below and follow the steps to reset your pc.
Start Windows 10 in Safe modeWindows 10 inherited the boot options from Windows 8 and comes with the same graphical environment for various recovery related tasks. Due to this, the Safe mode is hidden by default in favor of the automatic repair engine shipped with the new OS. If Windows 10 fails to boot, it starts the automatic repair mode and tries to analyze and fix startup problems on its own without your help and without asking you what actions it is going to take. If you feel you need to run Windows 10 in Safe mode, e.g. to troubleshoot some issue with drivers and apps, here are instructions on how you can access Safe Mode.There are at least two options which allow you to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode. Let’s delve deeper.Boot Windows 10 in Safe mode via Troubleshoot options of the Recovery environmentBoot into troubleshooting options The following screen will appear on the display:Click the Troubleshoot icon.Next, click the Advanced options icon:On the next screen, Reset your pc icon:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do I start windows 10 in safe mode ?

getting into Safe Mode in Windows 10 is to use the Shift + Restart combination. Open the Start menu and click or tap on thePower button. Then, while keeping the Shift key pressed, click or tap on Restart.