Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have already found two problems with Windows 10. First, all

I have already found two problems with Windows 10. First, all MS Word docs and emails sent to my inkjet printer (Epson SX415) print in a shade of dark red even though the originals are b/w. This is not a printer problem because photocopies print in b/w. Also, in MS Word printer menu, clicking on 'printer properties' gives 'document properties'. How can I get printer properties? Molly Robins.***@******.*** Tel: (UK) +44 (0)1322 554279
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please right click on the Start menu, and select Control panel. In Control panel, select View Devices and printers under Hardware and Sound. Over there, right click on the printer name, and select Printer Preferences. Check for print from Black cartridge only option and enable it. If you do not find it or unable to resolve the issue, I would suggest you download and install the latest version. You can Epson Update from the link below.http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-IE&data=emW65r3CP2Ghpqvc1gpryiSoO3q2PbzfZMP2QjF3Pt8U003D&tc=6 If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have followed your instructions - Control panel - View devices and printers under 'Hardware and Sound' - Right click on printer name. No option for 'printer preferences' but I tried 'printing preferences'. I also tried 'printer properties'. No option 'Black cartridge only', only 'Layout/Paper Quality' There was an 'advanced' option bottom right. I clicked that and got only 'paper size' and 'copy count'. I then followed the link you gave me and downloaded and installed Epson updates. This has not changed anything, I still have the original problems. I am still sure the fault lies with Windows 10 and not the Epson printer. Documents and e-mails sent from the computer all print dark red. However pages photocopy correctly on the Epson printer: b/w prints in b/w; colour prints in colour.

What about my second question re finding printer properties when printing from MS Word docs. When I click on 'printer properties' I just get 'document properties', i.e. portrait/landscape. I used to get a number of options including 'maintenance' which covered ink levels, nozzle check, etc.

Please try again

Molly Robins

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. The computer is active. Tell me if you need me to do anything.

Molly

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I apologize for the delay in my response. Please let me when you are online, so that I can access your computer remotely. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sefin

I am online now. I have to go out at 12 noon (one and a half hours from now). I will be back about 1700 hrs. I don't know whether you need me to respond while you are accessing my computer remotely. I will stay by it for a while but I will have to move around a bit during the morning. Perhaps you could send an SMS alert to my mobile if you need me to do something: 07760 296329. I don't know where you are but no doubt you will know the appropriate code for the UK if you are elsewhere.

Molly

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=916a4414-0ad6-4432-aef8-f555ec9bff5d Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, It seems that the connection got lost. Please go to the link below, click Download listed under All-In-One: TeamViewer full version.https://www.teamviewer.com/hi/index.aspx After installing it, let me know the ID (E.g 578 467 234) and password (E.g. 2345). Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done what you asked (I think). It wasn't straightforward, the installation aborted at one point and I started again, but I think it's OK now. The ID is 598 528 735. Password *****

Along the way I had a box headed 'Define Personal Password'. It gave me MOLLY-PC for Computer Name and I input personal password: janssen7

This morning my computer screen went blank some time after you made the connection but I didn't realise the connection was lost so I just left it when I went out!

I'm getting out of my depth. Hope this works now

Molly

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I replied to this message yesterday, You have been showing that you are working on it ever since but now I have had a fault message from Microsoft which said that the JustAnswer web page had prevented Internet Explorer from working. When I clicked on this your web page reappeared but now it is saying you are waiting for me. What is going on?

My last message told you that I had followed your instructions re TeamViewer and gave: ID 598 528 735 Password *****

I am getting seriously worried. I have had nothing from you since yesterday morning. When you were connected to my computer you told me not to touch mouse or keyboard so I didn't. When the screen went blank I didn't know it was because you had lost the connection so I left it for hours.

I started with two relatively minor problems and now I seem to be getting major ones. I am still convinced that there are gremlins in my Windows 10. When it sends anything to the printer it is telling the printer to print in colour even though the doc is b/w. Accordingly the printer is using a mix of red/black. There is nothing wrong with the printer. The other thing is that when I go to the print menu and click on printer properties I get only document properties. But I have told you all this before. I didn't expect it all to get so complicated.

If you cannot resolve the problems promptly think I might be better off cutting my losses and restoring Windows 7 which I believe is possible. Let me have your comments.

It would be very reassuring if I could actually talk to you. Is it possible for you to phone me, or at least send text alerts to my mobile. You have the numbers, landline 01322 554279, mobile 07760 296329. Or maybe you could give me more detailed information about what you are trying to do in an email.

Molly

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Ma'am I am John.Shefin seems to be offline now,do you want me to remote access to your PC and check the printer issue or do you want to wait for Shefin.
Let me know

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you John. I think it is better to wait for Shefin because the whole thing has got so complicated you will be confused. But please make sure he knows that TeamViewer has changed my password ***** the past few hours. Yesterday they gave me f5ta58. This morning it is showing as eft229. I tried to inform Shefin of this earlier today.Apparently I sent the information as a new question and it is not showing on this page.

Molly

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

No problem Ma'am.I had already informed Shefin that you are waiting for him. Opening a new question wont inform him about the change in password ***** reply only in this page that will notify him directly. Shefin will contact you using this page once he is back online.

Note:-No need to reply back to me because that will bring the question back to me.

Sincerely,

John

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John: It is now more than six hours since I received your last communication. I have not had anything from Shefin. My status is now shown as 'Waiting for You'. This is presumably because I didn't send a reply to your last message (as advised by you). I cannot find any way to send another message to Shefin. When I click on 'Reply to expert' in the box under his messages nothing happens. The last message I had from him was some 27 hours ago. Can you advise me how I can make something happen? I'm getting really fed up

Molly

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Ma'am Shefin is back online and he will take over the case.

Thank you for your Patience and cooperation

Sincerely,

John

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I do apologize for the delay in my response. Please let me know the new password ***** Teamviewer, so that I can assist you further. Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Are you available now? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I just sent you a long message.

I am standing by.

Molly

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. However, Can I borrow one more hour? After that, I will access your computer help you resolve the issue. Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am back here. Can you let me know the new password ***** Teamviewer, so that I can access your computer. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I keep sending it to you. It is eft229.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please wait while I access the computer. hank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience: Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer