The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I have an excel workbook containing 4 sheets - I need to copy

I have an excel workbook containing 4 sheets - I need to copy these tabs 26 times into the same workbook and in the same order ie sheets 1-4, being sheets 5-8. I know how to right click and move or copy but would there be an easier/quicker method?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 2 years ago.
you want to copy each of the entire sheets multiple times?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes each of the 4 sheets need to be copied 26 times

well the easiest way would be to use a macro to automate it. I can create such a macro for you. There is a small additional charge though but not too much, are you still interested?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - although I am not familiar with macros ie I never write them but enable them all of the time

well I will write it for you. I will need you to send me your worksheet though. I am sending the additional service offer now
can you send your workbook to me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2015-08-23_150113_timesheet_tracker_1.xlsx

This should have 4 sheets in it. I was uploading this and it had 5 in then the website changed which forced me to stop uploading so hope this only has 4 sheets

i got the one with 4 sheets, any particular way you want to name the sheets? Should it use the sheets name, then 1 2 3 4 5 etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ultimately I will have the dates in cell A1 showing on the tabs, but I haven't worked out how to do that yet other than amend them manually so 1, 2 3 is fine for now

this is done http://ge.tt/9j9JIhM2/v/0?c remember that when you open the workbook you will get the message about enabling macros. to run the macro select view from the menu and then click macros, and you will get a list of macros. select the macro, and click run, i called the macro "sheetscopy", for lack of a better name ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profilehttp://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/and ask a question right in my box,also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.