Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Had to do factory reset to get windows 7 back after trying

had to do factory reset to get windows 7 back after trying to download windows 10. saved all files ect to discs as instructed now have downloaded windows 10 putting recovery discs in following instructions get to disc 5 out of 7 and disc 5 will not open. can I recovery all my files with out loading disc 5 if so how do I do that
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You should not need to factory reset to go back to windows 7 from windows 10 as there is a undo function which will not effect your files or programs.
To do this.
Open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
This will return you to windows 7
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I do not want to go back to windows 7. I SAVED ALL MY FILES ON THE FACTORY RESET TO GET WINDOWS 7 BACK THEN DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW TRYING WITH THE DISCS TO GET FILES BACK GET TO DISC 5 AND IT WILL NOT LOAD CAN I GET MY FILES BACK MISSING DISC 5 IF SO HOW

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so you mean you need to recover a backup you made Reg?
Sorry if I mis understood
And if so, what is the make and model of the computer and what happens when you try to open Disk 5?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HEWLETT-PACKARD 2310 DISC 5 WILL NOT OPEN

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Reg,
It then means the Disk has either a scratch or the data was not written to it correctly.
Please do not shoot the messenger, but without Disk 5 you cannot recover as it needs all disks to complete the image, it cannot complete if one or more are missing sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.