Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have had an email saying that I am a member of groups in

I have had an email saying that I am a member of groups in OneDrive and that these files will be deleted in Oct. I am not aware of creating any groups and there is no reference to groups in my OneDrive that I can see. Will all my files still be safe after Oct?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a scam email, and what they are trying to do is to get your details.
Its a common trick being done
Microsoft will never send such an email and there are no expiry dates for these groups anyway, but it is a common trick they do.
Please do not respond to the email or do any instructions it asks you to do, just delete it and any other emails you ever get similar to this (eg: Your email account will be closed ect).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.