Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I downloaded 10 on my Laptop but unable to get password *****

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To confirm, this is the password ***** sign into your computer correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

vtlk549les

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Leonard, I think you missed my question to you and I need to know this please.
I will repeat it below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't mind a one of payment, do not want to be involved in extra costs.

I expect this problem to be resolved quickly !

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it is a one off payment, but I need you to answer the question I have asked 3 times now... As you need to clarify your problem.
I will repeat it below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is correct as far as I can recall, do not use laptop much, have no objection to changing password ***** that is an easier cure !

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, without signin into it you cannot change the password ***** there would be no reason for a password.
you have two options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
You will have to do one of these two options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.