Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

When trying to open docx files, I get "Windows Photo viewer

Customer Question

When trying to open docx files, I get "Windows Photo viewer cant open this picture since it doesnt support the file format etc...". I've updated all files etc with Winzip but still cant open docx files. This is a new problem - it wasnt one yesterday. How can I rectify this?
Many thanks for your help!
Malcolm
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
The file association has been changed which is the issue.
Can you right click on a DOCX file and select Open With, then check Always use this program and click on Word and this will now correct it.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard. I dont have the option of "Open With". I only have "Open, Print, Save As, Save all". I'm happy for you to remote into my pc; how does this happen?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, your right clicking in the wrong location.
If you click on the Offer that pops up I can connect and fix this for you Malcolm.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard. My ID is###-##-#### Password ***** my own password: sparrows20.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
connected