Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

On Trying to access my Hotmail Emails Iam getting the following

On Trying to access my Hotmail Emails Iam getting the following message:-
Sorry there seems to be a problem with Outlook.com at the moment.
However my wife is able access her Hotmail account.
Is this a specific problem with my account***@******.***.
I was able to access my Emails earlier today.
Thanks .
Phil Mancini
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. This does seem like a service outage at Outlook.com's end now, which is causing this issue for some users. Please check here:https://downdetector.com/status/outlook Could you let me know what's the browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, you are using to access your Outlook.com account? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the link and it does seem like there is an issue with Outlook..
I use Internet Explorar to access my Emails.Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, all right. Now, please download another browser as a test, using the following link:www.getfirefox.com Run and install the Firefox browser following the on-screen directions, and then open it up. When prompted, do NOT select the option to import settings and data from Internet Explorer. Next, check if you are able to use this browser to access your Hotmail account itself. Do let me know how it goes, please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the advice however I prefer not to install Firefox as this could affect my Norton Security.
I will wait Hotmail sorting the issue out and try Access wirh another computer using Chrome.
Best Regards.
Phil
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, no issues. Just in case you want to try testing with the Firefox browser later on, please know that's it's a completely safe and well-tested browser from Mozilla, and works faster and seamlessly as compared to Internet Explorer itself. I'm positive that the issue with Hotmail/Outlook.com should automatically get resolved at their end in the next 24-48 hours. If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation. Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!