Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am receiving a pop up at the bottom right hand side of my

I am receiving a pop up at the bottom right hand side of my screen stating; "Failed to connect to a Windows Service. Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client Service. This problem prevents standard users signing in". I believe this fault was caused when my computer crashed during a windows update. My system network does not appear to be affected by this, but can you please, if possible, advise how to fix this problem?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, is this a home computer or your at a company?
And which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Home Computer. Version 10.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tom
Can you first do the following
1. Go to Task Manager (open it up by pressing ctrl+alt+delete, then select task manager)
2. Once in Task Manager, go to the tab: Startup
3. You will see that there are a list of apps. Some may be disabled, others enabled. All of these are apps and programs that begin running automatically when your computer is starting up.
4. DISABLE ALL APPS (You must disable all of the apps in this category
5. Once done, restart your computer.
6. After your computer has restarted, try signing in to your Standard User account.
Tell me if you then still get the error please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The error has been resolved.

Many thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Tom
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.