Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have an "Open Office" icon on my Desk Top But I get

I have an "Open Office" icon on my Desk Top But I get messages telling me I do not have Microsoft Office. Why is this?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
When exactly do you get an error about not having office? What do you do to get this error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It happens when I try to open certain e-mail attachments- presumably using excel?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if you have open Office you need to associate the Excel files with Open Office.
So save an excel file to your computer.
Then right click it and select Open With.
Make sure to check Always use this program)
Select Calc (The Excel from Open Office) and it will then always open up in this instead of trying to open Excel and give the error.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.