IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I HAVE WINDOWS 10. I HAVE LOST START MENU

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnectedYou may either refresh page (Press F5) or check your mail for recent updates from experts
Tell me, what you see at Start Menu place or whole task bar stretched at Start Menu place
Please reply
Hi, Would you please us know if you still wait for an answer.OR If you don't want to continue, i shall cancel the question.. Please reply
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** suggest refreshing the Windows 10 installation while keeping the personal data intact. It is one of the repair options that can be accessed without the Windows 10 disc. I am sure it will solve the problem with the missing Start Menu. Here are the instructions on how to refresh the Windows 10 installation:1. First, go to the Windows 10 logon screen. To do that, just restart the computer2. Once you see the logon screen, do not select your user name or type anything, but look in the bottom right corner of the logon screen. You should see 3 icons. If you don't see any icons, then just click anywhere on the logon picture and then check again3. Click on the power icon and then press and hold down the Shift key, and while still holding, click on Restart4. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Choose an option screen5. On that screen, click on Troubleshoot6. On the next screen, click on Reset this PC7. On the next screen, click on Keep my files8. The computer will restart. Follow the instructions to proceed with the reset. It will take up to 30 minutes to finish. That process will rebuild the current Windows 10 installation while keeping the personal files. Some programs may be uninstalled in order to complete the process. If the original problem is gone, you can re-install those programs. If you require further assistance, let me know. Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! Do you still require assistance with this issue?