Cynt
Cynt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have a BA in Computer Information Technology and have been in the computer field for over 14 years.
20109878

My windows Nokia mobile phone is broken and i have upgraded

my windows Nokia mobile phone is broken and i have upgraded to a samsung A3. I have taken my broken phone into an EE shop and they have told me they cant transfer my telephone contacts list because the SIM is empty, it seems the numbers dont save on this type of phone! I know they are there somewhere but the phone is so broken I cant use it to even look at my contacts to copy them over to my new phone by hand. is there any other way I can find them and transfer them into my new galaxy phone?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Cynt replied 1 year ago.
There are a couple of ways but it will take some time to do them: Install Wondershare MobileTrans to your computer, once downloaded choose the option of "Phone to Phone Transfer" on the left side. Then use a USB cable to connect your Android phone or tablet to the computer. Once you open the wondershare mobiletrans then on that box where you can see two phones, make sure your nokia phone is on the let and your galaxy phone is on the right (both phones have to be pulled into your computer with a usb cord). Here is a step by step instructions (same as above) link: http://www.czqsoft.com/useguides/How-to-Transfer-Contacts-from-Nokia-to-Samsung-Galaxy-S3 Another way is if you have a sims card in your Nokia phone just plug it into your computer and download a copy, then plug your samsung phone into your computer and copy the contacts from your downloaded nokia into your samsung.
Expert:  Cynt replied 1 year ago.
I also found a YouTube video that will show you step by step for the above instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNSTmxPkiII
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks cvd4311, sounds complicated and I dont have USB cord and the SIM on the old phone is empty, EE tell me the windows phone does not not save contacts onto a sim, but thanks anyway, think I will just manually input what I know onto the new phone.
Expert:  Cynt replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. And so sorry about your phone.
Please RATE 4 or above and I will close the question.