IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I wondered if you can help? I use office365 on all my computers.

I wondered if you can help? I use office365 on all my computers. I use my Gmail IMAP account as my main email client within outlook. On my mail office PC I am no longer authorised to delete emails. error message. I can delete the same email on all my other PC's without a problem. I have now upgraded to Windows 10 on the main PC and the problem still exists. Any ideas?
Pete
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me if you get an error message while trying to delete the e-mails in Outlook or something else happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi IT Miro

I get the error message sometimes (you are unautherized to perform this action) sometimes of nothing happens at all

Pete

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.Since it is an IMAP account, you can safely remove the account and re-add it without losing any e-mail. Have you already tried that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, I was concerned that archived emails, which are quite a few and only stored on this PC, would not be associated with the new email account and would be lost?

Pete

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
The archives e-mails are saved as a PST file and can be opened at any time. The default location for archived files is in "My Documents".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i see, thank you.

Would I need to rebuild my archive folder list again? Sorry if I am asking a dumb question?

Pete

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Archive folder should remain in Outlook after removing the e-mail account. The GMail IMAP account will be removed and once you re-add it, Outlook will synchronize all e-mails (that have not been archived).You can then check if deleting e-mails works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, that sounds straightforward. i will give it a bash, as soon as the wife gets off the PC

Can I close the chat later today?

Pete

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Sure, no problem.

Yes, you can close it later by rating my assistance using the smiley faces or stars.