IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Error C1900101 comes up when trying to upgrade windows 10.

Error C1900101 comes up when trying to upgrade windows 10. It stops when reaching 32% copying files.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Updates or you have a Windows 10 installation media?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
via Windows updates.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming.
Since Windows Update is giving you that error, there is another way of upgrading to Windows 10 – you can use the Windows 10 media creation tool.
It is free and can be downloaded on this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Run the tool and choose the first option there - Upgrade this PC now.
Follow the instructions and it will allow you to upgrade to Windows 10 with no errors messages.
I used the same tool to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 and it worked just fine.
You can also use the same tool to create a Windows 10 installation media used for repairing and reinstalling Windows 10.
Let me know if you require further assistance.
Regards,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried what you recommended and it worked so far and then stopped. It stated the installation failed in the first boot during SYSPREP operation. OXCO1900101 - OX30018. D Morgetroyd.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! During the upgrade, the computer restarts several times. Did your computer restart at least once or the upgrade failed before automatic restart?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello ITMiro thank you for the reply, the computer restarted once. D Morgetroyd
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Did you see the upgrade progress in a form of percentage?
It should look something like this:
graphic
PICTURE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello IT Miro, Yes I did see the percentage for the copying of the files. It got to 6% on the next category then stopped. David.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. Please run the upgrade again to see if it will work this time or fail again. If you see an error message, type it here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello IT Miro, I have run the programme again and it failed with the same reasons as before. David.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! It looks like you will need to change some Windows options before you can fully upgrade to Windows 10. Here is what to do: 1. Go to Control Panel and click on "System and Security" and then on "Power Options"2. On the Power Options window, click on "Choose what the power button does" located on the left side3. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"4. Check the check-boxes located on the bottom. Un-check the "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" check-box. It could also be named "Enable Hybrid Boot (recommended)" so un-check that one if you see it5. When done, click the "Save changes" button6. Now start the Command Prompt as Administrator and type (or just copy and paste) the following command:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth 7. Wait until the progress reaches 100%8. When done, restart the computer9. After the restart, run the Windows 10 upgrade again. You can try with both Windows Update and media creation tool
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello IT Miro, I haven't got some of the information that you state of my control panel so I think I will have to call it a day. Thank you very much for your help and time. D Morgetroyd.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again! In case you do not see those check-boxes in the Control Panel, you can follow the instructions from step #6.