Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO UPLOAD WINDOWS 10.I KEEP GETTING

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO UPLOAD WINDOWS 10.I KEEP GETTING ERROR C1900101-40017,WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DO I SOLVE IT.?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There can be a number of causes for this so we need to rule these out.
First, which anti virus program are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WINDOWS SECURITY ESSENTIALS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which version of windows do you currently have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WINDOWS 7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you power off the computer
Power it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu
Choose Advance Options
Then disable the drivers signatures enforcement
Then try to update to windows 10
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI., RICHARD, HAVE DONE WHAT YOU SUGGESTED AND WINDOWS 10 FAILED TO LOAD .SHOWING SAME UNKNOWN ERROR. C1900101-40017
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of the computer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ITS A HP LAPTOP MODEL G72
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We need to do a reinstall of windows. This will remove all data and return the computer to new, so any files you need to first backup off the computer (programs you will need to install again).
Then power off the computer
Power it on and keep tapping F11 until you get to the recover manager
Follow the onscreen steps and perform a Factory Restore which will install windows.
Once done, then perform the windows 10 upgrade and then install your programs and copy your data back again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Richard,sorry I have been away.The fix you asked me to do ,worked and Windows10 loaded o.k. b
Now I have a wireless network connection adaptor fault,so I am e mailing you from my grandaughters I pad
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
whats the error you get from the adapter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't remember if it was 650 or651
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats an issue with your setup.Are you at the computer now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not even at home.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you just need to connect it to your wireless network again, this is why you get it.
When you are at home, press the windows key + R and type in
ncpa.cpl
And press enter
Right click on your wireless network connection and select connect then click on your wireless network and connect and this should get you connected again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues