Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Having just purchased Excel 2013 I've misplaced my Microsoft

Having just purchased Excel 2013 I've misplaced my Microsoft Account Number.
How can I retrieve this?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you mean in order to register Excel? As they do not give an account number, you use a email address from them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I opened an account with Microsoft to progress my order but do not seem to have an account number to proceed further on one or two aspects. Giving my email address does not seem to help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, when you purchase and create an email address, then this is all you need.
Microsoft does not work with account numbers,
I am though not clear on what you mean with "to proceed further on one or two aspects" Brian
Can you explain please what you mean with this?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Having downloaded Excel2013 I cannot access it hence my difficulty.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you have downloaded it Brian, what then happens when you try to open it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what seemed like a straightforward issue is becoming more complex as it goes on. Think I will call it a day. Thanks anyway.