Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot enter my Microsoft Account.I enter my password *****

I cannot enter my Microsoft Account.I enter my password ***** it is rejected as " I have entered incorrectly too many times". This is nonsense as I have entered a new password ***** half dozen times each of which you have confirmed to me and as soon as I enter it I get the message it is incorrect as I have entered it too many times incorrectly" even though it is the first time I have used it.
HOW DO I ENTER MY ACCOUNT -- OR PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE A PHONE NUMBER WHERE I CAN TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When were you last able to sign into your account?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

never

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you just create this account then Raymond?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no -- as far as I know it has always been there but never used

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it will be easier for you to open a new account, else there are a lot of hoops to jump through to get it open.Ill help you with either though.Do you want me to take you through making a new account instead as its free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksUse my link below and there you can create a new account with an email addresshttps://signup.live.comOnce done, you can then sign in with this new address and use this moving forward.If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tried to use link but get the message -" temporary problem try later ."

is there an alternative ? can I use the link address later or what ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I use the link get the answer "temporary problem with the service.

Doesn't look like its my computer.

is the answer as simple as me later trying to open a new account and if so what address do I use to do this

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, and you can only use the address I gave which 100% works here
May be a problem with the server in your area.
But just sign up with Google instead. Exact same type of service.
Go here to sign up
http://mail.google.com/mail/signup
you will also get a free email account there that operates the same way
Can you create an account there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if I open the google account does this effect the facilities I have or is this an additional facility that I only need to use this once /

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Basically you have no facilities as you are discarding the old email account.This gives you a new email account with Google instead of Microsoft, so going forward you would just use this one from now on with Google.Same functionality, just a different company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do NOT want a different email account than the one I currently have - a different replacement email a/c will cause too many problems

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Raymond.
Way at the start you indicated you have never used this email account.
I asked then
hen it will be easier for you to open a new account, else there are a lot of hoops to jump through to get it open.
Ill help you with either though.
Do you want me to take you through making a new account instead as its free
And you said Yes please...
Then we have been busy with this since.
Are you now saying you have changed your mind and do NOT want a new account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I want a new Microsoft a/c -- I do NOT want to have to change my email address to achieve this .My question was if I open a Google account and get a Google email address do I still retain my existing email address to use.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
any new account you have to change your email address. This is the case with all accounts.But as you have never used this account before, I am not sure whats the issue with this....But no problem, then we will just try to get through the procedure of resetting the password ***** see if you canClick on this linkhttps://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspxGo through the process to reset the password ***** tell me if your able to complete this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have completed the reset password ***** and have requested the code number to be sent to enable me to change to the new password

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now enter the code number in please and you should then be able to enter a new password.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how did you go with the code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

entered the code and reset my password ***** got the same problem I started with--

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
which internet browser are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

internet explorer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please do the following in Internet Explorer Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files. Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset Then restart the computer and then try to sign in please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have reset and restarted the computer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
What now happens when you try to sign in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the same problem

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I sign onto your computer?
Will do it at no extra cost, need to see whats exactly happening.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID 781 707 801

Password 9658

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your email.

I regret that there is no change.The original problem still exists and I cannot use my Microsoft account and I continue to get the message"someone entered wrong password ***** many times",

I have obtained the code numbers and entered a new password ***** still get message that wrong password ***** too many times.

I despair .

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what was the email address for the account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

email address -- *****@******.***

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
so the problem is not for microsoft but for your BT account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why do you say that?

It is the Microsoft account that does not work not my bt account.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
because I asked for the email address for the email account with the problem and you replied with a BT one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the Microsoft account requires that I

enter my email address as well as the password.This is the email address I have provided you with. If you refer back to all the messages when you first addressed this problem it is clear that this is a Microsoft account problem

Would the answer be to close and eliminate my Microsoft account and start again and open a new account bearing in mind that as part of this process the email address I use will be the same as before - does this give Microsoft a problem

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it will be best to create a new account which you can do via my link below.
https://signup.live.com/
Then use this account moving forward.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I click on your link I get the message "There's a Temporary problem with this service"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
strange as it is working for me here.
Can you type it into your browser instead as its the only address you can use for creating an account
https://signup.live.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done this but again get the message "there's a temporary problem with this service"

I also note that when I type " https://signup.live .com in the browser and click it adds /error.aspx?error code.

Is this relevant ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you restart the computer and try again please
IT may be a local server issue in your area, but let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok restarting now

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have restarted my computer and again tried your link but I get the same message " theres a temp problem with this service"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you need to give it some time then, as the server in this area is having an issue. Its the only reason they would give this error.
Unless you are ok to use another company rather then Microsoft?
If so, you can create the same type of account with Google here.
https://accounts.google.com/signup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need a Microsoft account so that I can install my Windows 10 upgrade.I also wish to use my current email address ie***@******.***.

If I create an account with Google as you suggest can I achieve both of these objectives?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your not going to be able to use the BT Internet address as this is owned by BT, not microsoft.
But for the windows 10 you will need a microsoft one, but install windows 10 and make it as part of the installation as the server for creating it this way is down for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard -- thank you for your assistance.I will think about your proposals before deciding whether to wait a few days and try again assuming the server is back or whether to try the Google alternative.

Please CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP PLAN as I do not wish to avail myself of this facility at the current time.

Thank you for your help.