Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Since being upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1, I am no longer

Since being upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1, I am no longer able to read my Word and Excel files, why and what can I do?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Are you able to open Word and Excel files? May I know the version of Office you are using? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Only to the point were the actual files are opened. I am using 2013

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you tried repairing the Office from COntrol panel? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please right click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel. In Control panel, select Uninstall a Program (listed under Programs). Select Microsoft Office and then select Change. Then, select Repair and click Continue. Follow the on screen instructions. Let me know if the issue persists. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have pressed change but it is seeking to uninstall

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please do not uninstall. Along with Uninstall, you will get an option to repair it. Let me know if you are not getting it. Do you have the product key of Microsoft Office with you? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have the product key, will try again

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please try again and if the issue persists, we can uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office. If you have Microsoft office disc, it will be easy to reinstall it. Otherwise, we have to download it online. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the 25 digit key card, will I loose all my files by uninstalling?

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You will not loose any files by uninstalling it. After Uninstalling, go to the link below, click Download now, and enter your product key.https://products.office.com/en-us/get-office-oem-download-page Follow the on screen instructions to download the product and reinstall it. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will try

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Take your time and let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have reloaded and gone to one of my Excel folders and tried to reopen it. To be told by Microsoft there is a problem which they are working on. No further on I'm afraid

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you uninstalled and reinstalled Office? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't uninstall | will try again

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please uninstall Office first. Then, download and install it again. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have installed having uninstalled and it says I can use office now.

However the same box comes up "windows is checking for solutions to the problem."

Then another box comes up "A problem has caused the programme o stop working correctly, Windows will close the programme and notify you when a solution is available"

We are no further on!

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before I say yes, if I uninstall all windows 10 programmes and revert back to 8.1 would that resolve the problem?

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It might be resolve the issue, however we cannot guarantee that it will work. There reports a lot of issues with Microsoft Office since upgrading to Windows 10. However, it can be resolved. Before downgrading, try the instructions in the link below.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2464297 Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Sorry for the wrong link. Please try the link below.https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Errors-opening-Office-files-after-upgrading-from-Windows-7-to-Windows-10-4ceecee4-c4bb-47cd-9566-2b3a3997418e?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried but after opening File I have no "account". I don't think we are getting anywhere.

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Just try to do the updates for Microsoft Office. Check the link below.https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/gp/office-2013-365-update Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its getting beyond me, access my computer

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=42573316-b6db-441f-b7b6-4719de116e42 Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N