KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Is this a scam. A network protection team at Just Dial tech

Is this a scam.
A network protection team at Just Dial tech / Supp Windows 'Spoke to me and set up a Network Patch for 3 years costing £200.00.
They were supposed to clean up my computer, Have they hacked it? are they genuine?
I have not paid any money over, they want some of it on Monday.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately. YES; this is a scam. And you shouldn't pay a penny to them; if you have you should immediately call your bank and have charge back initiated. Secondly; as far as my experience goes; they don't setup permanent connections, they only do a one time connection but to be on the safe side; whatever program they have installed must be uninstalled. This could be TeamViewer; logmein, etc. Let me know if you have any additional questions; and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon that will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I know what they have installed?
They must have instructed you over the phone to perform a few steps like going to a site. What is the name of the site to download a program? Do you remember that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot remember as I was not watching the screen whist they were working. If I go to programmes will I find it there?
No; there will be many programs there. BUT if you go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Uninstall a Program; you can sort the programs by the date they were installed. This will help in identifying; there are only a few programs which allows remote support. Would you like me to connect to your computer and remove the program they installed for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like that but how do I know you are genuine? the girl called Sabrina White seemed genuine.
You can do research on who JustAnswer is to find out whether we are genuine or not; and check BBB to see our ratings. Secondly; i am giving you a choice if you want me to connect; if you don't want me to connect then i am already instructing here without connecting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please connect and remove the scam
Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=341298
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is not a download just save file
Please save the file; and then run it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to find run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find "Run"
No worries. Please click the new link below again, save the file, then hold ctrl key and press J, then double click the file called support-logmeinrescue. https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=377119