Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

On windows edge I have a warning message from ft.traffic.ft,

Customer Question

On windows edge I have a warning message from ft.traffic.ft, is a virus/malware and how do stop it reappearing
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
Where and when exactly does this message appear? May I ask for the full message that it gives you, word for word?
I will be standing by.
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When in Windows Edge i maybe searching for something or for a help subject, and the browser will freeze. It is then replaced by a security warning mess age which says it is sent to my internet provider's address for my account.It also states that I should contact a toll free number to speak to a technician because pc could be infected. The browser then freezes and I can only exit via "Device Manager" The number I am asked to contact is(###) ###-####0515

Thank you for the update, Rod.
This is most definitely a virus/spyware application that has found it's way onto your computer. Please, follow the instructions below to install a free application that will help you remove the problem.
In your case, you can run the program found at the following site: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button
- Download, save, and install that file.
- Run the newly installed program (Start button > All Programs > Malwarebytes > Malwarebytes
- Click the Perform Full Scan option and click the Scan button
- When the scan is complete, click ok and then click the Show Results button
- Click the Remove Selected button
- Click Ok
Once all that is complete, you will be all set and the virus will be removed.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason